Wednesday, July 20, 2011

And the anxiety sets in...

Being in the wedding industry leads people to believe a lot about how your wedding will turn out.  Even though I do have some of my vendors secured - and they are ALL fabulous - I am at a point where I am venturing into uncharted territory. 

A couple nights ago I had my first sleepless night.  I actually didn't fall asleep until 4:30 AM.  I recently attended an event where the subject of discussion was how to get more weddings featured in various magazines and blogs.  While listening to the discussion, I realized that many of the ideas that I love - have been done before many times.  This isn't a bad thing - but I suddenly went into panick mode.  My wedding has to be unique.  Everyone's expecting that!  Or at least that is what kept me up until the wee hours. I thought about how I should do my placecards without actually using paper, and what if the colors that I want are too "overdone".  I have never really cared whether or not my wedding was magazine worthy - but this was my first taste of "presure" - even though it really was self inflicted.  I finally found myself searching the internet for my wedding shoes - because that is what normal people do at 4 in the morning!  I have a feeling that I have many more anxiety attacks and sleepless nights ahead - but a glass of wine (or two) with dinner has been helping me relax!



On the subject of wedding shoes - for those of you who don't know me as well - I am a shoe-a-holic.  Honestly, the shoes are way more important to me than the dress - although that is of course important too!  Please let me know your opinion on the poll below - should I go with a neutral tone shoe (nude or silver) OR a bright and fun colored shoe?  I didn't realize how much opinion there is on this until I actually went shoe shopping!

Cheers!
Dani

1 comment: